Friday, March 07, 2008

I really need to get out more...

Okay--these two cards are not what I normally do. But I have been battling the winter blues--and this is just what came out. I am sure there is more than one person out there--(if there is more than one person actually READING this)--that wants me to put it back!
The first one was from the sketch challenge over on Splitcoast. You will REALLY have to take my word on this--that is looks better IRL. ;)

The blue and purple papers are Bazzill Bling paper, and they are quite shiny. The cream paper is from Verve Visual and it is sparkly, too.

The chipboard letters, the *happens* sentiment, the sluggish parts of the snails and the snail trail all use Judikins Diamond Glaze. The snail trails are colored with a bit of olive dye ink.

Materials:
Stamps: Snail Set (Starving Artistamps), Rough Edges Alpha (SU!),
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black, Olive Pastel Fluid Chalk Ink,
Papers: See above + Certainly Celery (SU!)
Accessories: Chipboard Alpha (Heidi Swapp), Judikins Diamond Glaze, Flower punch, foam tape, Colored Pencils + LOMS, Old Olive Classic Ink Re-Inker,




This second card was inspired by the Way to Use it Challenge at Splitcoast. We were challenged to use our computers as a design element. (THANKS DH--For getting me new ink cartridges!!!!)

I had done the Slime Happens the day before as I was brainstorming about Snail Slime (SEE--I told you I REALLY need to get out more!!). The *slime* is colored with colored pencils, but the *happens* is computer colored.

I also used the computer to make the conversation bubble for the pathetic little snail. The font is "marker j low" from one of the font CD's from SU!.

The extent of the slime trail was an accident--I just intended it to be on the green panel--but I left it to dry on a very slight incline. Well, my mom always said "Accidents make people!" (yeah--the snail cards are a little more understandable now--AREN'T THEY)--Well in this case--"Accidents make Design Elements!!" So the snail trail is extended.

Materials:
Stamps: Snail Set (Starving Artistamps)
Paper: White (GP) and patterned paper from Joann's $ area,
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Accessories: Diamond Glaze, Computer + Printer, Colored Pencils + LOMS, googlie eyes, foam tape,

Okay--I am guessing that I am going to get quite a few people cancelling their e-mail subscription to this blog because of this post. Can't really say that I blame them.

Someone please tell me that Spring is really coming!! (LOL!)

No comments: