Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Gamma Swan!

Here is take two for my Mother-in-law's birthday card.  DH specified flowers. So they are in the bg paper.  There were supposed to be more (I have coordinating papers to this one) but it just didn't work. YKWIM???  The were in the plan, they are cut to size--but they just didn't make the final cut (pun intended).

RBC11--SC178 Birthday Cake

To get this card going I used two challenges: the RubberNecker Blogger Challenge #11 and the SplitCoast Sketch Challenge #178.

The RubberNecker Blogger Challenge had us use paper piecing. So the cake, decorative icing, and plate are different pieces.  I watercolored and embellished them before cutting them out.  Since I used cardstock instead of patterned paper, after cutting the pieces out, I ran a black marker around the edges of the pieces to disguise the edges.

Like birthday cards should be--this card is shiny and sparkly in real life.

Materials Used:

  • Stamp: Birthday Cake
  • Ink: Palette Noir (and a various for sponging and shading)
  • Paper: White (GP); Pearlescent Vanilla(Verve Visual); Mellow Moss; Barely Banana and Pretty in Pink (SU!); Patterned Paper;
  • Accessories: Liquid Pearls (opal white and pink); Stickles (Crystal); decorative scissors;  white pen ( Inkssentials); foam tape; ribbon; sponge; watercolor brush; Diamond Glaze (Judikins);

I hope my MIL likes her card.  She is a WONDERFUL MIL (not an easy job in my opinion).  I am truly blessed!

Thanks for stopping by!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Juliana!!! She'll love it!

Shelly said...

Oh! I just love the picot ribbon and the scalloped strip!!!!

dawnmercedes said...

GREAT job! on the cutting too!

Annapurna said...

The cake image has a nice vintage look. You did a great job putting together the card.