Thursday, November 15, 2012

Once Upon A Birthday

Every card maker I know has a type of card that creates "crafter's block"... where the creative juices just refuse to flow.  For me, it is birthday cards... and especially for people I know.  It is so bad that I have given up on most family members opting for a store bought cards.  (now don't you gasp--there are some very nice cards sold today)

So my dear older brother has a birthday next week and this year I was determined to make him a card this year--conquering two tough cardmaking topics for me: Birthdays and Guys.

My brother is a great guy and deserving of the royal treatment:



 Details:
  • Stamps: Antidepresstamps~Royality from Starving Artistamps; 
  • Ink: Memento tuxedo black; Tim Holtz antique linen;
  • Paper: Graphic 45 and Die Cuts With a View patterned paper; white and black cardstock;
  • Accessories: Copic Markers; foam tape; Stickles and Liquid Pearls (gold); Spellbinders and Sizzix dies;

Here is a tip:
  • Whether you are using markers, watercolor, chalks, or pencils, I find that that when coloring faces a little white dot on each cheek bone to put a little life and whimsy to the character you are coloring.  
Here is a question for you:
What is your tough cardmaking audience/occasion??  Sympathy, birthday, mother's day (another toughie for me)??

I look forward to your comments!

1 comment:

Yüz Germe said...

I know this can be of great help for all of us…Nice
Yüz Germe