Friday, July 17, 2009

A tribute to Maumee High School!

The Limited Supply Challenge on Splitcoast Stampers today is hosted by my friend Judy.  She has challenged us to use either our wedding or high school colors (and use clips or photo turns).

My high school alma mater is Maumee High School in Maumee, OH.  Our colors were (are) Purple and Gold.  It was challenging in the early eighties to find purple clothing but by the time I graduated it was a bit easier—and thankfully finding purple and gold paper crafting items are EASY!

Here is the card:

LSC-MHS SOAR

Materials:

  • Stamps: Harlequin BG, mini positive words and Large Freak (p1.4):
  • Papers: Vellum; Prism and Bazzill colored cardstock;
  • Ink: So Saffron and Elegant Eggplant craft ink; Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Dusty Concord;
  • Other Materials: ribbons; Nestabilities; clear embossing powder; embossing folder; liquid pearls-lavender; gold glitter gel pen; perfect pearls-gold;

This card is for a sweet little girl from my church (a choir mate of my littlest daughter) is battling stage 3 non-Hodgkins lymphoma.  If you could add this child to your prayer list, I would REALLY appreciate it!

I wonder if having purple as a school color has influenced my color preferences.  Though it is not my favorite color—I seem to gravitate towards purple things. Hmmm.

Thanks for stopping by!  And…Go Panthers!

9 comments:

Broni said...

Beautiful, Jules! I LOVE that butterfly! Hope that little girl will be ok. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Connie M. said...

This is just stunning, Jules! Love that ribbon treatment...WOW!!

Becky said...

Beautiful card, love this stunning butterfly.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This is just gorgeous!! Beautiful coloring and the butterfly is just amazing!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colors!! I love how the butterfly is two-tone. Stunning!!

Rossella said...

Thanks for your compliments! Your cards are really beautiful! Kisses Ross

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Gorgeous......love your layout and total design of your card. Butterflies are one of my favourite stamps to use. You really pulled this off perfectly.

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Gorgeous......love your layout and total design of your card. Butterflies are one of my favourite stamps to use. You really pulled this off perfectly.

Judy Miller said...

Nice card. I live in Delta, OH which is 20 miles from Maumee. Small world, isn't it?