Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Good Bye... for now

Professional associates and friends of ours have experienced profound loss.  The physical life of their 17 month old, Carl, was claimed by cancer last Friday.

To say that this has upset me is an understatement.  While my faith is not shaken nor moved, I have a deep sense of loss.

And creating a card for the death of a young toddler was not natural.  Subdued colors just didn't seem right... for there was nothing about this child that was subdued.



the inside:
For sympathy cards, I often go with butterflies... a symbol of resurrection and the recognition that though this life has ended... there is another to come.

I rejoice that Carl has a life now free from lumbar pokes, iv's, ng tubes, catheters, nausea, sores, confinement, sleeplessness... now he is full of joy and praise and in the presence of Christ!


Card Details: Stamps: Butterfly Inchies, Sympathy, Butterflies are Free Set, I will give you rest, all from Rubbernecker Stamps; Ink: Fluid Chalk Ink: Dark Brown; Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Peacock Feathers; SU!: Bashful Blue; Papers: Bazzill: brown and embossed green; SU!: Whisper White and Bashful Blue; DP: Me an My Big Ideas; Accessories: border punch, Cut-n-Dry Stamp Pad Felt, label die, and foam tape;

2 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Jules, this is so perfect. {{hugs}}

Debbie Nelson said...

What a wonderful card. I lost my daughter seven years ago...we are not supposed to bury our children but am so grateful for the promise that we will see them again.