Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Big Brother's Birthday!



Tuesday is my brother's birthday--we celebrated it on Saturday. It was the first time in 11 years that I have been with him to celebrate it.

He has a good sense of humor so I thought he might appreciate this crab surrounded by his friends. The claws are half popped up to hold the gifts. The shrimp and the small clam shell are also popped up.

The more mustard panel is spritzed with pearl ex and is VERY sparkly IRL.

I enjoyed coloring this with PrismaColor Pencils because I could get some subtle coloring especially on the shells. It is hard for me to do that with watercolors on small areas.

Materials Used:
  • Stamps: Crab and Co. (SU!)
  • Ink: StazOn Jet Black for stamping, Ruby red, More Mustard, and Cool Caribbean for sponging (SU!)
  • Paper: Ruby Red, More Mustard, Cool Caribbean, Taken With Teal (SU!) White (Georgia Pacific)
  • Accessories-Star Punch (Marvy Uchida), 3/4" circle punch (SU!), Pearl Ex (Jacquard), PrismaColor Pencils (Sanford), Low odor mineral spirits, Craft wire, Stampin' Dimensionals

1 comment:

Rose Ann said...

Your crab card is adorable! I love the pretty colors you used and the fun details! Soooo cute!!