Monday, October 31, 2011

Vintage Fashion

Vintage style stamping is one of the styles I most admire...and I am cautious to attempt myself.  Well, I gotta tell you, this frame stamp made it easy peasy!


I stamped the frame stamp (French Script Frame SKU:583 ) with Chalk Ink-Chestnut Roan on some patterned paper, and inked the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Victorian Velvet and Tattered Rose).  The main image was inked with Artprint Brown.  I cropped that to fit in the frame and inked that piece as well.  I also used a distress tool to rough up the edges.

The sentiment (Fashion Fades Text SKU:235-07) was also stamped with the chalk ink, then die cut and inked.


My paper roses (Martha Stewart brand) were a bit too bright--so they got a touch of ink, too!


Foam tape, a dark brown mat, and a ribbon bow (May Arts Ribbon) were used to tie this card together.

 I really think you should try this!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!




3 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Ooh! I love this style. Great colors, Jules!!

Bev Gerard said...

Mmmmmmmmmm! So wonderfully vintage! Love your soft color palette!

Happy new week, Jules!
~Bev

Jann said...

Love the vintage look-such a lovely card!