Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Simple Krafty Tags

I was glad for the opportunity for the challenges over at Splitcoast earlier this week!

Holly asked us to try and make simple tags.  Although that may not be a challenge for some, I had to hold myself back from going overboard.  But I loved the chance to use up some scraps that were haunting my work desk.

The colors I used were from this week's color combo challenge: Kraft, White, and Pear Pizzaz;
So here are my tags:


 I made more...but this is a fair representative of the group.  They are all ready to fill out and put on packages.

Method:
To do the trees, I stamped the tree with a pigment ink or inked the stamp FIRST with VersaMark THEN with die ink.  I then heat embossed the image with clear embossing powder for the green trees, and white for the white trees.   I then covered the image with clear fine glitter, and heated the image from underneath (getting the powder to remelt).  Then I dusted off the excess glitter.
Ingredients:
  • Stamps: Christmas Tree Set SKU:592; Scroll Peace SKU:1204 SO ;
  • Ink: Bright/light green-Studio G; White-Adirondack Snow Cap; VersaMark;
  • Paper: Patterned paper-Bo Bunny; white, kraft and lime green cardstock;
  • Accessories: Ribbon, scalloped circle punch, clear and white embossing powder, fine clear glitter, border punch, circle punch;
 Now, I just need to finish shopping and wrap packages!!



No comments: