Friday, August 24, 2012

A little resistance...

Embossing resist is truly one of my favorite techniques.  It is always magic to me.
There is a good tutorial HERE.

I used the Rubbernecker stamp, Journal Circle Flourish.  It was originally designed to be a scrapbooking stamp, but I like it as a frame.  Especially since Rubbernecker has SO many wonderful phrase stamps.

On both cards I used clear embossing powder, but white would work just as well.  I also used the same inks on both.  I use Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Dried Marigold and Spun Sugar.  (I love to use Dried Marigold with pinks since it has such pretty pink undertones.)
I also used some Stickles (glitter glue) to add a touch of sparkle.
In this first card I used the sentiment stamp: Best Things.  I made a simple cut between the lines "aren't things" and "thanks for".  I can re-assemble them later if need be.




The second card uses the "a true friend" sentiment; it can also be found in the Garden Tree set (one of my favorites).

Thanks for stopping by, today.

VERY soon I will have a tutorial featuring the demo I did at the Novi, MI stamp show in the Rubbernecker Stamp Company booth.

No comments: