Friday, July 26, 2013

Pink Poppies of Grace

I have happy memories of my Grandma's poppies.  Their bright orange red petals and the leggy stems snaking up to the sky.  I love how the buds look so substantial, but the blossoms are so delicate.  My grandma was even able to incorporate poppies into her floral arrangements (with the help of floral wire).

I have to tell you that this stamp set is a JOY to work with!!  To ink these flowers I inked the blossoms with my pink ink (Tim Holtz's Faded Lipstick) and then took a cotton swab inked with the orange ink (Tim Holtz's Dried Marigold) and dabbed the center of some of the petals.  I then just touched the base of the flower with a cotton swab inked with the green ink (Tim Holtz's Shabby Shutters).  Since the Tim Holtz inks blend so nicely I didn't have to spritz the image with water prior to stamping.

Since the stems are a separate stamp there is no mixing where the stems cross the blossoms.

This set comes with some great sentiments, but I had a need for this one.

Details:

  • Stamps: Field of Poppies (set) and Amazing Grace (individual stamp) both by Rubbernecker Stamp Company;
  • Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Worn Lipstick, Dried Marigold, Shabby Shutters; Fluid Chalk Ink (Colorbox): Chestnut Roan and Dark Brown;
  • Paper: White, dk. pink, coral, and brown cardstock;
  • Accessories: Spellbinder dies: locking loops and oval; jewels, stickles;

As always, Thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

Deborah Anton said...

So pretty! I love the colors and softness!