Have you ever finished a card, perhaps even posted, the card and thought...."Nah, that isn't the way it is supposed to be!"?
But this time it was an easy fix.
This is the card I made (5 x 7):
I went through a few drafts of the penguin (Magenta--they don't sell their wood mounted stamps anywhere on line--so check your local brick and mortar stamp store) before I got the results I was looking for. He is stamped in Jet Black StazOn (on Whisper White paper), colored with black, cool greys and vermilion (feet). I stamped the asterisk (Everyday Flexible Phrases) and the small flower (Baroque Motif) with VersaMark and embossed with white EP. I masked the penguin and the horizon and sponged on Regal Rose then Pretty in Pink Dye ink. I added some shadow in cool greys and some sparkle of snow with some Diamond Stickles.
He is cut out using the Coluzzle template system as well as the Regal Rose mat. The designer paper is from American Crafts and is black and white, but I brayered Pretty in Pink dye ink on it. It is matted with Basic Grey cardstock cut with my dd's decorative edge scissors.
I stamped the Baroque Motif flourish with Going Grey ink and the small flower with Pretty in Pink ink on Pretty in pink cardstock and sponged the edges. It is matted with Regal rose cardsock and Basic Grey cardstock. The ribbon is some bits and pieces I pulled out of my scrap box.
Now here is where I made my mind change. I originally put the Making Memories eyelet word with the snowflake sequin in the corner. I was not happy with the placement (remember to measure twice and punch once) OR the dull finish of the word on the sparkly card. So I yanked off the eyelet word (leaving a good sized hole) and replaced it with a couple of the large sequins layered with a cardstock circle and a jewel.
I am so much happier with the end result!!
I wish all of my "stamper's regrets" could be such easy fixes!!