Thursday, October 25, 2007

Simply Sendable II

Here is another flattish card--It does have ribbon and dimensionals, but is fairly easy to put in an envelope and hopefully will not require extra postage. (note-The card and the stamping are straight--it is my photography that is askew)



I used a wet watercolor technique on this. Using a watercolor brush and water I went over many of the areas of the stamped image (stamped in Bravo Burgundy)---blurring and coloring as I went. I also watercolored a bit with some Regal Rose ink. Normally when I watercolor I like to use SU!'s Ivory or White naturals, or watercolor paper. But the detail on this stamp was so fine that it just looked smeary on the rougher paper.



The sentiment at the bottom was stamped with Bravo Burgundy Craft ink, embossed, then I applied Pearl Ex, and then re-heated it (the technique is called *heated pearls*). The *faith* is much shinier and much more readable in real life.



Materials Used--


  • Stamps-Lighthouse (Inkadinkadoo); Swirls (Autumn Leaves); Graceful Words (SU!-retired);

  • Paper-Very Vanilla, Bravo Burgundy, Regal Rose (SU!);

  • Ink-Bravo Burgundy Classic/dye and Craft/pigment and Regal Rose Classic;

  • Accessories-Coluzzle templates, sponge, distressing tool, Stickles, dimensionals, ribbon

There will be a couple more in this series--stay tuned.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

So pretty! Thanks for your comment on my blog! I'm now going to go and take a peek at more of yours...
:)

Judy Rozema said...

LOVE THIS!!!!