Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Cat's Pajamas Catch Up!

It has been a few days since I have posted since I have been sick with yucky upper respiratory stuff.

I received new Cat's Pajamas stamps last week and have been working with them a bit. They are such fun images!

Those who know me know that I am a sucker for a frog. And this little frog prince is just WAY too cute.




For the Layout I was inspired by the Featured Stamper Challenge on Splitcoast stampers. This weeks stamper is Sarah Green. I had fun paging through her gallery. I loved the layers of THIS card.





I changed a few things to help the card work for my purposes. Since I used patterned paper for the card--I didn't use as many flowers. I also moved the ribbons (since there were fewer flowers). The patterned paper is Basic Grey's Perhaps from the 6" x 6" pad. I love this size because the patterns are smaller than the BIG sheets.



This next card is a softie.

When I started with Stampin' Up! four years ago--I did not like Sage Shadow. But I have to admit it has grown on me. For one thing--I have stopped trying to make it work with the Soft Subtles colors (though it plays VERY nicely with the newer Bashful Blue). It compliments neutrals nicely (because of its grey undertones).

I love this dp (the sage with the cream dots) from K & Co. I got in it a pack from my local dollar store. The background dp is from KI Memories that I have had for years--I love it and I was always afraid to cut into it. Well, since I am moving this summer I am in *USE IT OR MOVE IT* mode (and I don't want to move it!!).

The little hearts are from a punch from the $ Spot at Target Department store. Not a very sharp punch (kind of you get what you pay for). I have done the old punch through foil thing fore ever. But it still does not like cardstoch. *sigh*



Lastly there is this little card. I only say little because of the little flying envelope image.

I often think that mixing Off-White (Vanilla) with White is a card fashion faux pax. Much like mixing gold and silver jewelry.

But there are times in both cases that it works. Here I used the off white to highlight the white. The dp (more Perhaps from Basic Grey) helps me out a bit by having both in it .

Well, I have a few more cards to go with this set. But this is what I came up with thus far.

Thanks for stopping by. And stay tuned---there may be something SWEET as CANDY in the future!! ;)

BTW--Have you seen the Sticky post above about the discount??? It is a limited time offer (not sure how limited) so check it out.

No comments: