Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Country Wake Up Call

Today I have a combined challenge card:

The folks at A Day For Daisies are even generous enough to provide a digi for use on the challenge... you can check it out at the above link.  I used some grass that had gone to seed in the front yard as my added nature.

At SplitCoastStampers, my friend Judy challenged us to create some ruffled embellished ribbons.  She suggested beads, but the available bead/ribbon combinations in my stash just weren't doing it for me... so I added buttons.

Details:

  • Images: "Prince of the Coop"from the A Day For Daisies Blog; Lace stamps from Rubbernecker; alpha stamps from Hero Arts;
  • Paper: Patterned Paper from BoBunny and 7 Gypsies; Bazzill cardstock;
  • Ink: Printer; Frayed Burlap, Vintage Photo, and Antique Linen from Tim Holtz Distress Inks;
  • Accessories: Mother of pearl buttons, gingham ribbon, baker twine, Spellbinders die, foam tape, thread, edge distressing tool, file folder punch; grass seed;
There is still time to play along with both challenges!  I hope you can play, too!



Thanks for stopping by!!

5 comments:

Adrienne Crist said...

Alarm Cluck...how cute! Love your coloring.
Blessings,
Adrienne Crist

Borqna said...

Great card! Excellent idea! I love it!
Congratulations!

Heather said...

This is a fabulous card!! LOVE the grass, it adds such a rustic look. I just had to come visit and check out your rooster when I saw your entry on the ADFD challenge post.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Stunning colouring! Love the card layout and embellies too. Gorgeous! Wends x

Broni said...

This is so gorgeous, Jules! And you won the challenge at A Day For Daisies! Go to the blog to see! Congrats!!!