Monday, February 24, 2014

Poppies in Winter

Have you been over to the Rubbernecker site lately??
There are some WONDERFUL new images!  LOTS of florals which help me escape the "polar vortex" outside my window.
One that really caught my eye was Poppies (727-04)!

This first card also uses the "Peanut Butter" sentiment and "Horizontal Chevrons" background:


This card uses the verse "Trust in Him":
This one also uses two backgrounds: Grid and Horizontal Chevrons.

I made my own glitter mist using a spray bottle, Tim Holtz Distress Ink reinkers: Peacock Feathers and Tumbled Glass, and Perfect pearls.  I used the spray after stamping with the grid on the paper; and I used the spray on the Horizontal Chevrons stamp prior to stamping.

The poppy image on both cards are colored with Copic markers.
Thank you so much for stopping by today!


Card Details:

Friendship Poppies:
Stamps: PoppiesPeanut ButterHorizontal Chevrons; All from Rubbernecker Stamps;
Paper: Bazzill cardstock;
Ink: Memento Tuxedo black; Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Ripe Persimmon and Dried Marigold;
Accessories: ribbon, Spellbinder's die, foam tape;

Psalm 62 Poppies:
Stamps: PoppiesTrust in Him,  Grid and Horizontal Chevrons all from Rubbernecker Stamps;
Paper: Bazzill cardstock;
Ink: Memento Tuxedo black; Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Peacock Feathers and Tumbled Glass;
Accessories: sequins, Stickles glitter glue, foam tape and Spellbinders die;



1 comment:

Becky said...

Gorgeous cards and wonderful verse. I just love your background on the second one.