Friday, May 09, 2014

M is for...

... the many things she gave to me.

If you didn't know, Mother's Day is this Sunday (May 11, 2014).  There is a little time left.

Last Mother's Day was when I first started using A Day for Daisies images.  The images were perfect for something special that tied me to my mom.  You can see this card on this post.

The May release is full of great images appropriate for Mother's Day.

My card uses Mother:
I printed this image on Bristol (smooth) paper and then colored it with Copic markers.  I then embellished the letters and hearts with Stickles glitter glue.  

I made a mask of the image by printing the image on office weight paper and cutting out the fairy.
I used two way glue (repositionable if let dry before sticking it to something else). When it was dry I carefully placed it over my colored fairy and misted the image with a homemade shimmer mist (water, Perfect Pearls--pearl, Distress Ink Re-Inker--peacock feathers).

IMPORTANT: I waited till the image was completely dry before removing the mask.  My printer ink is water soluable and and would smear if I didn't.

There are more beautiful creations to see:

Arielle
Broni
Danielle
Juliana
Mila
~
The budget friendly way to get A Day for Daisies images is the Club! Check out the details HERE.

There is still time to enter the May Club Kit Challenge #95~Add a Doily challenge on the A Day for Daisies Blog!
I hope your Mother's Day is full of joy!


Card Details:Image: Mother from A Day for Daisies;Coloring Medium: Copic Markers;Paper: Bristol smooth; dp from Joanns; Pink cardstock;Accessories: Ric rac; Spellbinders dies; Homemade Shimmer mist (see above); Stickles; foam tape;

1 comment:

dpkennedy said...

This is so beautiful! I love the background you created with the spritz too! Fabulous! Hope you had a wonderful mothers day!