...a bug on a flower
...a bit of sunshine when rain was predicted
...receiving mercy (more on that, in a bit)
I love this digi that Tammy from A Day for Daisies! It is called "new things".
The image was colored with Copic markers. The piercing was done using plastic canvas and a rubber stamp for a guide:
- I stamped the stamp with grey waterproof ink (StazOn Dove Grey) on a piece of vellum the same size as my card front (4.25"x5.5"). Waterproof/permanent so it doesn't smear during the next steps.
- I drew a line (with a straight edge) .5" from the edge, stopping as I came to the stamped image. (I also extended the image a bit to fit my design better.
- Using removable adhesive I adhered the vellum to the card.
- I placed the plastic canvas (same size as my card front) over the card front and used the holes as a piercing guide for my piercing tool.
- I then set the plastic canvas aside and pierced the flower/flourish images using the stamped image as a guide
The result a Paper Pierced card... yes, paper pieRcing... um... uh... I was supposed to paper PIECE. OOPS!
This is where the mercy comes into play. Dear sweet (and talented) Arielle, our design team coordinator, adjusted the challenge to include paper pieRcing and paper piecing.
To see some beautiful paper PIECED cards check out the blogs of my teammates:
So I hope you participate in this challenge on the A Day for Daisies Blog!
Thank so much for stopping by my blog, today!