Friday, October 06, 2006

Free Standing Pop Up Card

I am trying to get things ready for the Church Bazaar on October 13th and 14th. I am renting a table in an effort to sell my creations.

Today I tried a "free standing pop-up card". I would love to take credit for designing this project, but alas, I cannot. It was designed by Joelyn at Splitcoast Stampers. She has designed a great project sheet and directions: HERE There is a link to one of her cards on the thread, too. If you do decide to take advantage of her directions and diagrams, please let her know how helpful they were!!
I used some trial and error to make the project work for me. Unless, otherwise noted, all products are from Stampin' Up! I have used the "Pretty Princess" stamp set from Stampin' Up! The cake is stamped with Jet Black StazOn (solvent/waterproof ink) on watercolor paper. I watercolored with dye ink and a water filled pen (aqua painter). The inks colors were Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Lavender Lace, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, and So Saffron. Using a glue pen I highlighted some of the icing on the cake and the candle flame and then used Dazzling Diamonds glitter. (very fun!!) For the card base I used Lavender Lace cardstock and stamped the flower from the set with Lavender Lace ink--then the flowers are hightlighted with a white gel pen. I made the base a 1/4 of an inch narrower than Jocelyn's instructions in order to fit into my envelopes. The greeting on the front is from the "Its Your Birthday" set and most of the ribbon is from Wal-mart.

Thanks for stopping by my blog--If you are in Tawas MI on October 14th, stop in the United Methodist church and say "Hi!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This card is so cute, I've yet to try one of these. TFS

Anonymous said...

Hi Juliana!
I just came across your blog and I've really enjoyed reading all of your entries and looking at all of your beautiful artwork! Girl, you are very talented!!!I wish you lived closer so we could stamp together!That would be so much fun.But I think it's a bit too far. I actually googled Tawas this summer when we were going to be in Madison, WI for Drum Corps International Finals. Our son, Jonathan, marches with Carolina Crown and tours the country with them during the summers(the past 2 ). I was going to give you all a call if it was within a reasonable distance, but ,alas, it was a long haul, especially after the very long drive from NC we already had made. It would have been nice to see you though. Tell Reed he has to bring you next time he comes to Duke! Thanks for sharing your beautiful creations with us all!
Love and prayers,
Janet

Katie said...

I totally LOVE it! I just saw this on a scrappers website... I am planning to "practice" this at an upcoming crop! check out my blog: http://katiegulen.blogspot.com/