Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day Cards

Here are the cards for my mom and my mother-in-law.

They both use Mixed Bouquet, and a sentiment from Elegant Inspirations.


My mother-in-law's card is the one with the aster-like flowers and glitter (stickles). I saw THIS card by Leslie Rich and was inspired to make my own. I have been meaning to try the out of the box technique and this was the right time. I stamped the flower on a post-it note (the sticky part) and cut it out to make the mask. The flowers and leaves are colored with Stampin' Pastels (chalks), and highlighted with glitter glue. This card uses Ivory Natural, Blush Blossom, Sage Shadow, and Close to Cocoa paper; Basic Brown and Sage Shadow Classic (dye) Ink. Besides Mixed Bouquet and Elegant Inspirations, I used Itty Bitty Backgrounds and Swirls by Rhonna Farrer (Autumn Leaves).



The pink card is for my mom. It uses Close to Cocoa, Rose Romance, and Pretty in Pink Ink; and the same colors of paper plus white. I used quite a few accessories on this card: scallop scissors, 1/16" hole punch, ticket corner punch, paper piercer, Stampin' Pastels, a brad and ribbon. The edges was fun to do--and is meant to simulate the eyelet lace that my mom puts on my little girls' dresses.

I am thirty seven years old and I am still making my mom handmade cards. (and she still puts them on her fridge-lol).

Happy Mother's Day to you!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both cards are so feminine and pretty! I love this look. I'm happy to have inspired in any tiny way such a lovely creation.

Unknown said...

How beautiful! I'm sure they will treasure them!

Just so you know...I think you may want to check in on my blog.:)