Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Anniversary Roses


In continuing to work on Christmas gifts I am fulfilling an *order* for anniversary cards for my MIL. Today's color challenge on Splitcoast was a great opportunity! The colors are Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie, and Rose Red.

There are some details that did not show up in the picture of the card. I rock & rolled the Roses in Winter, and the centers are Brilliance *Red Rocket Gold* which is like Rose Red with Gold pigment with it. I stamped the rose panel with Itty Bitty Backgrounds inked with Palette's Glue Pad. I used Micro-pearl Pearl Ex on those places. The same with the Celery base card. It is inked the same way but is stamped with French Script background.
You can see this a bit in the detail picture. (you can click to enlarge if you wish)


The Pearl Ex adds a very subtle elegance to the card.


2 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

I am so glad you showed this close up!! It is a neat background that you miss in the larger picture! Beautifully done, Jules!

Diane Noble said...

Just beautiful! Like the enlarged detail idea. Will have to remember to do that more. It really helps. Your roses are beautiful...wonderful artistry. Found your site from your sweet comment on my SCS Color Challenge card (fruit wreath). Appreciate your kindness AND the chance to find your blog! It's wonderful!