On Friday morning I did two more cards with the salted papers I had made. So bear with me as I beat this color scheme to death. (though I STILL love it)
On Saturday I attended the bridal shower of one of the flower girls for my wedding. (I will celebrate my 16th wedding anniversary on Friday) This is the card I made to go with the gift.
I stamped the flowers on a piece of the salted background with VersaMark and embossed them in white. The pearls are a single sticker. I love the way it turned out. I thought for a moment that the polka-dots were too whimsical --but for this occasion I think it works. I got the idea to try a cross-style card from Colleen for her Thursday Throwdown. I didn't use the stamp in a style that was not instinctive for that stamp--but I did use the stamped image in an counter-instinctive fashion.
- Stamp: Silhouette Queen Anne's Lace (Starving Artistamps);
- Ink: VersaMark; Caribbean, teal, olive re-inkers;
- Paper: embossed card (DCWV); white; Cool Caribbean
- Accessories: salt, sponge, white EP, pearl sticker, ribbon
My next card was inspired by Sharon's Stamp Simply Challenge #31. The challenge was to use black accents. I stamped the flowers in black--and they looked a little dark with the black words. So I stamped and embossed a couple more. I used Judikins Rustique Patina--Jade powder--FUN STUFF!!
- Stamp: Plaque set, Silhouette Queen Anne's Lace, small sprigs; Mini Positive words, (Starving Artistamps);
- Ink: Versamark; Caribbean, teal, olive re-inkers; Palette Noir;
- Paper: white; Teal and Black;
- Accessories: salt, sponge, Rustique EP, ribbon
(note: If you ever need enabling: click here)
Thanks for stopping by!