Saturday, April 12, 2008

Verve Mojo

Julee Tilman, has presented some WONDERFUL challenges this week!

First of all on her blog is the Mojo Madness #32 CONTEST.  I have to tell you--I STINK at contests.  The just suck the inspiration and creativity right out of my brain.  But on the other hand--If I just tell myself, "Jules, it is JUST a SKETCH!!"  Perhaps I can actually finish it (an NOT have it look like my 4 yr old did it).

THEN, on the Verve Visual Blog is an "Vervalicious" (her word not mine--but I like it) inspiration challenge (also a contest). Well, are these pillows not absolutely gorgeous??

I just love the colors, and the patterns.  So I figure, lets combine them, and if I do a card that looks like I used crayons and stickers, then I will have only wasted the time and materials for one card than two.  RIGHT??



I pulled out my Verve Visual Wild Thing set (I got it after Valentine's Day--so most of the stamps have never been inked).  Mojo32 Magic Please understand--I was a Rubber Snob--I went kicking and screaming to the Photopolymer side of stamping.  And now--I am a convert!!!

I loved being able to line up these images by seeing through the block and the stamp!  HOW FUN IS THAT!!

I am fairly happy with how the card turned out.  I am REALLY happy with this color combo!!  Don't they look great together??

Anyway--thanks Julee for the sketch and the inspiration--I WOULDN'T have done it without you!!

Materials:

  • Stamps: Wild Thing (Verve Visual); Fern Leaf Tooled Leather (Starving Artistamps);

  • Inks: Night of Navy, So Saffron, Apricot Appeal (SU! Craft), Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard (SU! Classic), Yellow Ochre (Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink)

  • Paper: White, Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, So Saffron, Night of Navy;

  • Accessories: Punch, pearlescent paint

Thanks for stopping by!

Blog siggy

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is very pretty! I love the colors, too!
LeAnne

Anonymous said...

So pretty Jules! Oh I love the background. Awesome job! Stacy

Judy Rozema said...

I absolutely love these two colors together and that Navy piece really pops! Awesome card!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

You've got nothing to worry about for contests - you always make amazing creations. Just be yourself, and your work will speak for itself. :) Love this card, especially the way you layered the hearts and have the white accents on the popped up heart. Just fabulous. I was a total rubber snob, too - and look at me now - I have my own clear stamp company! :)

Bethany Paull said...

It looks like your mojo survived the contest. This is beautiful. I love the colors and the pale heart stamped "under" the sentiment.

Debi said...

pretty! Love the colors together.