Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Arrg, you drive me BATTY!

Arrg, it is Treasure Hunt Tuesday, but first a card.
It was fun to poke around in Card Crazy's Gallery for this week's Featured Stamper's Challenge. Denise has a classy and clean style often with an element *popped* up to increase visual interest.
I chose to try and case this card. I am afraid I changed everything but the layout--and I even changed that a little. SO I don't think it is a good case--but I sure did appreciate the inspiration from Card Crazy's Gallery!! So many beautiful cards!
I did use some foam tape to pop up some of the layers to mimic the popped up elements that Denise uses so wonderfully.
FS83-You Drive Me Batty
The image and sentiment are from Stamp Oasis at Rubbernecker. I colored the image with Prismacolor and Copic markers. The edges of the bat and sentiment with Tim Holtz Distress Inks and an ink blending tool. First with Tea Dye, then Aged Mahogany, then Vintage Photo, and the very edges with Black Soot.
The designer papers are from Paper Studio and Sonnets. The dp on the strips is a black and cream checked pattern, I cut the paper so that only the white squares show. The edges are inked with the Tea Dye ink. The edges of the houndstooth paper are inked with Black Soot.
NOW FOR TREASURE!!!!
You can find the clue and all the necessary information and other deets on the home page.
Don’t forget to check out the weekly sale product, too! Shelly and Tami have blog candy today, but don’t forget to visit the other designers as well. (hint--look at the list on the right)
On sale now at Rubbernecker:
Spellbinders Nestabilities Individual and Sets ***See the Rubbernecker home page for details!

Thanks for stopping by today!!!

12 comments:

Shelly said...

This is a fabulous case, the shading is perfect!

Kittie said...

He scared me! Great card.

Candy said...

Awesome Jules, I just love that bat image and you colored him perfectly!!

Deborah Anton said...

Awesome coloring Jules!! I love it!!

Sherry Cheever said...

This is FABULOUS! Love all the blending of the ink on the corners!

Broni said...

Very cool, Jules! Love that you did the bat in browns! Yummy shading too!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Yikes! He's a little scary! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a batty-licious card! You've truly given 'life' to that guy! Way to go!
`Bev

Stacy Morgan said...

EEK! That is one scary bat. Great coloring Jules.

Stacy Morgan said...

EEK! That is one scary bat. Great coloring Jules.

Anonymous said...

wonderful! I love that sentiment. Man that is one I could use almost everyday LOL!!!

Shirley said...

I don't know if you will understand my compliment. This is a very funny card, but also well done and pretty too! Ha!