Yes! It is Wacky Wednesday and it is time to add some BLING to our projects! Our Rubbernecker Red Hot Mama hostess is Candy and she has challenged us to use some bling this week—pearls, jewels, glitter—ANYTHING that shines!
PLEASE check out the Rubbernecker Blog for all of the details and how you can be this week’s winner!
Here is my card:
- Stamps: Abstract Floral Background and Chrysanthemum from Rubbernecker Stamps;
- Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Vintage Photo;
- Paper: Kraft, Dark Pink (Prism) and Green Galore cardstock;
- Other: Green Pearls-Kaiser; Glitter, glue; Perfect Pearls-Pearl; May Arts Ribbon (Sheer Iridescent--Fuchsia-Green); Colored Pencils;
The green panel is stamped with the distress ink and immediately swiped with the Perfect Pearls. The wetness of the Distress Ink is enough to activate the binding agent in the Perfect Pearls so they stay on without adhesive. The result is a dark brown pearly pattern.
Though only the Fuscia in the ribbon shows in the photo—there is some green in it that coordinates wonderfully with the greens in the card.
- Bev - Savor the Journey
- Broni - Splashes of Watercolor
- Candy - Candy's Land
- Joan -Stamping with a Passion!
- Linda - Linda's Works of Heart
- Shelly - Stamp with Shelly
- Sherry - Walkin' on the BAD Side!
I sure hope you can play along! Don’t forget to post a link to your project on the Rubbernecker Stamps Blog! I am looking forward to see what you create!!