I chose a memory.
Twenty years ago I was recruited from Ohio to work at a YMCA camp in Colebrook CT. A friend of mine and I flew out early to help get the camp ready for the season. Our first morning was a dreary day with constant drizzle. My friend and I were assigned to the Waterfront Director to help get the waterfront area ready. Our task??? Paint the fence.
Yes, in the constant drizzle, we painted the fence. About 50-75% of the the oil based paint actually stuck to the wood. My friend and I laughed at the absurdity of our task—but we admitted that the fence did look better when we were done.
By now, you are probably wondering why I am telling you this story—right? That waterfront director was a guy named Reed, and about 2 weeks later we had our first date…Last April we celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary.
We have often laughed at this story. He claims that painting the fence was NOT his idea—well, if you say so sweetheart!
- Stamps: Kittie Kits Outdoor Master;
- Paper: Watercolor paper; Prism: Black, Spring Willow Light, Twilight Medium; DP: 7Gypsies-Gypsy Market-Brixton;
- Ink: StazOn-Jet Black; Tim Holtz distress inks;
- Other: Photo Corner-Canson;
- Bev - Savor the Journey
- Broni - Splashes of Watercolor
- Candy - Candy's Land
- Joan -Stamping with a Passion!
- Linda - Linda's Works of Heart
- Shelly - Stamp with Shelly
- Sherry - Walkin' on the BAD Side!