Thursday, December 12, 2013

Merry Christmas

I really like the chalkboard style!

I found it was fun and simple to do myself!
The Merry Christmas Stamp (MC Ivy Block 657-06) was inked with Versamark and stamped on black cardstock.  I used white embossing powder to heat emboss the image.

After it had cooled, I used a Spellbinders die, I die cut and embossed the label.

 Then I put a little white pigment ink on a paper towel and misted the towel with water (so it would blend and not be too thick) and rubbed some areas of the label with the towel.  Just enough for it too look like chalk dust!

Other card details:

  • Stamps: MC Ivy Block 657-06; Silent Night 654; Floral Damask 679; Holly Panel 487; (Can you tell I love background stamps!?!)
  • Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Antique Linen, Peeled Paint and Frayed Burlap; Versamark; Copic markers for coloring the holly; Adirondack Pigment Ink: Snow Cap;
  • Cardstock: Kraft, black, white, light red;
  • Accessories: white embossing powder; foam tape; Spellbinders die; Twinery bakers twine;

The main image on this card is going to be tags for my daughter's teacher's gifts this year!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!

BTW, have you checked out Papercraft 4 Less, yet??  It is the new papercrafting supply site from Rubbernecker!!

No comments: