Friday, May 06, 2016

A Dancer with Paint

Hello Friday!
This has been a typical crazy week at our house... never dull, never boring! ;)

Tammy, a.k.a. "A Day for Daisies" Genius, has created some new and completely adorable images for the May club.

I have had the pleasure of working with "Little Dancer Flower":
I have tried something a little different this time, dipping my toe into mixed media:

  • I printed two copies of the image.  One on cardstock one on office weight printer paper.
  • With the printer paper copy I cut out the dress, leaving the wildflowers. This creates a mask for the dress.
  • I used removable adhesive to adhere the paper copy directly over the cardstock copy.
  • I "inked" a background stamp with acrylic paint (lavendar) and stamped over the image.
  • After the acrylic paint was dry, I spritzed the area with a homemade color spray
  • When that was dry, I removed the mask, colored with copic markers and added Liquid Pearls as accents.


We are all using paint with the whimsical and beautiful flowery fairy images.  You will want to take the time to gaze at them on the blogs of my teammates:

Alison
Arielle
Cathy
Cindy
Jen
Juliana
Kathy
Tanja
Please join us in this "Use Paint" challenge!!!  You will be able to see the details on the A Day for Daisies Blog.

Enjoy your weekend!!  Thank you for stopping by my blog, today!  It is an encouragement to me!

No comments: