Sunday, July 01, 2007

Just playing...

Sometimes I just like to play. With no particular goal (no challenge, no event, no recipient) in mind.



That is what I did here--just played.

I used a baby wipe to make my own rainbow pad. I used Taken with Teal, Cool Caribbean, Creamy Caramel, More Mustard, Really Rust reinkers on a baby wipe , and used my brayer to do the background. I should have used glossy white, rather than whisper white paper, and the colors would have blended together better. But as I said, I was just fooling around.



I was inspired by a sunset that we saw driving to my mother-in-law's after picking my daughter from camp.



Though the results are far from perfect--I certainly had fun doing this. I have BIG plans for the next card.



Materials (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise indicated):


  • Stamps: Garden Silhouettes, Baroque Motifs

  • Ink: Taken with Teal, Cool Caribbean (retired), Creamy Caramel, More Mustard, Really Rust, Close to Cocoa, StazOn Jet Black

  • Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Really Rust, Taken with Teal, Cool Caribbean (ret.)

  • Accessories: Turquoise Stickles (Ranger), Gold Ribbon (Michaels), Dotted Orange Organdy (WalMart), Gingham Grosgrain, Hodgepodge Hardware Clip, Jewel (unknown), 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1/16" hand held punch, Sm. Corner Rounder

Thanks for stopping by. (note: this month, post are likely to be few and far between--I should be back in full force in August)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just gorgeous!! Keep playing around with stuff!! You do a great job!! :)

Mark's Finest Papers said...

Jules, this is fantastic! I love the colors! WOW!