This was inspired by the Techniques Lovers' Challenge over on Splitcoast Stampers. This week's technique was vellum de-bossing. Basically involves stamping on the front (some sort of outline image) and then rubbing on the back to make the velum go white [or perhaps you were supposed to rub on the front--I wasn't too clear on that).
I used an embossing stylus for the flower petals and a pointy leather tool for the leaves. I worked on a mouse pad that was flipped over and I sandwiched my vellum with waxed paper.
I colored my flowers on the back with teal dye ink and a blender pen (I don't like to use too much water with vellum--as it has a tendency to warp) and then highlighted them on the front. I did the same with the leaves and olive ink and the flower centers with yellow.
I backed the whole image with a light celery cardstock that I had in my stash and die cut the shape. (NOTE: I did not use adhesive in the middle of the image--only on the edges where it would not be seen). I made the frame layers by cutting the outsides then the insides.
- Stamps: Flower Bunch by Starving Artistamps
- Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black; Old Olive, Taken with Teal, So Saffron--SU!;
- Paper: lt. celery (unknown); Taken with Teal, Cool Caribbean DP, Old Olive, and Certainly Celery cardstock--SU! ; White cardstock-GP; Vellum Cardstock--SU
- Accessories: waxed paper, mouse pad, embossing stylus, pointy tool (sorry about that highly technical term!), blender pen, Nestablilites, sm. corner rounder, deco scissors, ribbon
Well, if life is in the interruptions (which my dh says it is) I am FULL of life!! :D I was also interrupted numerous times while composing this post. I guess that is the way it goes.