Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, Myrtle!

On Becky Oehler's blog, Hemidemisemiquaver (yeah say that five times fast!) , she is looking for birthday cards for her Nanny, Myrtle, who is turning 105!!!  How cool is that!!  I bet she has more wisdom in her little finger than I have in my whole head!!

So this card is for her!  AND this card is for Jeanne's RubberNecker Blogger Challenge (using circles)!!!  AND I started by embossing the cake and watercoloring it--THEN I saw the Technique Challenge for today!!!  (which is embossed watercolor)

RBC09-Take the Cake

Before I knew what the challenge was on SCS--I had embossed the cake because I wanted the outline to be this color (Old Paper Distress Ink).  But since I wanted to watercolor the cake--I needed to use clear embossing powder to seal it.  Now, Distress Inks stay wet enough to emboss (on most papers).  But I could have also inked the stamp first with an embossing ink (like VersaMark) before inking with the dye ink, and that would have worked, too!

Material Used:

Stamps: Cake and Sentiment from RubberNecker;

Inks: Old Paper, Shabby Shutters, Milled Lavender, and Broken China Distress ink;

Papers: Prism (light green--does anyone know the color behind the sentiment??); Off White (unknown); DP-Sprout (Memory Box); Scalloped Orchid Card (DCWV); Kraft (SU!);

Accessories: Coluzzle; Nestabilities; clear EP; sponge, watercolor brush; Liquid Pearls-Platinum (Ranger);

Thanks for stopping by--now head over to Becky's blog and see how you can send Myrtle a card!!

 

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Super dreamy card and oh so yummy looking. You are becoming a distress ink fan, aren't you?? Love how many challenges you rolled into this beauty!ierbidx

Shelly said...

he he, like how I added the verification letters to my comment?

Anonymous said...

Wow 105!! This card is absolutely perfect for her. It's so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome!!! I can't wait to see it IRL!!!!! Thanks so much!
Becky