Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Serenity

I decided to take a break from packing boxes and knock out a couple of challenges. Yesterday's Color Challenge was a bit out of my comfort zone. There was a strong request for Lovely Lilac from the folks at SCS, so Emily obliged by giving us a combo of Lovely Lilac, Certainly Celery, and Pretty in Pink.


Though Lovely Lilac is not a color I reach for often--when I do, I usually use it with earth tones. A pastel-ish card is a little our of my comfort zone. So I added a light brown as a neutral.


The branch is from Starving Artistamps and was stamped with Brushed Corduroy and clear embossed.


The moon was made with a circle punch. I punched the circle out of a post-it note, and brayered the main image with Shabby Shutter ink. Then I removed the post-it circle and placed a paper with the same size circle punched out, then sponged Worn Lipstick in onto the white circle. The *serenity* is from the mini positive words set and stamped with Lovely Lilac.


This is a very pearly card--I got a little carried away with Perfect Pearls (Perfect Pearl color). I made two mixtures: one with water, Perfect Pearls, and Worn Lipstick Distress Ink Reinker; the second with water, Perfect Pearls, and Shabby Shutter Distress Ink Reinker. The main image is sprayed with the Shabby Shutter mixture, and the Lovely Lilac circle, and Close to Cocoa base is sprayed with the Worn Lipstick mixture.


I had a lot of fun making this card!


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

The layout of this card is absolutely fabulous! So fun! Wow! I haven't seen anything like this--might need to case it!! :-)

Judy Rozema said...

This is really beautiful, Jules -- I love the edging on the circles!