Saturday, May 10, 2008

Inspiration Strikes

Today on the SCS Inspiration Challenge, our inspiration piece was this:

I was inspired by the rich magentas and the green and white swirls and came up with this:

IC127-bloom

I used Purely Pomegranate SU! ink and Tattered Rose Distress Ink to watercolor the flower petals, Peeled Paint (Distress Ink) for the leafy parts around the center, and Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain (Distress Ink) to do the center. The swirls were painted with Peeled Paint.

As you can see I departed quite heavily from the light airy-ness of the inspiration piece. But after I started--it kind of got a mind of its own.

Materials Used:

  • Stamp: Autumn Sunflower;
  • Inks: see above & StazOn Jet Black;
  • Paper: dp--Paper Loft; Black and Olive (SU!); watercolor paper;
  • Accessories: sponges; watercolor brush; Galaxy Marker (American Crafts); ribbon; foam tape;

I hope all of you mom's have a blessed Mother's Day!

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of cyberspace!!

2 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Jules, this is just gorgeous! What a beautiful background - and your flower is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is gorgeous!! I love the background:)
Happy Mother's Day!
Dee