Saturday, November 15, 2008

be still....

...and listen...

As I mentioned yesterday, I walk my younger daughter to school and back every day. On the way home after dropping her off, I often see little extra bits of nature. It is not surprising that I see more alone, than I do with dd--for I am able to be a bit more quiet than she can be.

These stamps REALLY remind me of the field that we walk next to right before we get to her school (or when I come out from dropping her off). So this card was inspired by the field--and the grayer days we have been having this week.

Be Still and Listen-grassshopper

I kind of broke a stamping *rule* with this card. Normally I use a waterproof ink to stamp the images that I am going to watercolor. But with this card, I colored the stamp with water-based ink and then carefully watercolored some of the areas. I love the subtle look this gives.

The stamps are images from the Bees Sheet from Starving Artistamps. The sentiment is from Faith sentiments set.

So if you have a moment, take a walk outside--even just to get the mail. Enjoy the sounds and sights of the day.

2 comments:

Rose Ann said...

I really love the soft, subtle colors on this one, and your beautiful sky in the background!! Just lovely, girl!!

Kittie said...

Jules, I love your pine sprig over the music background. Gorgeous card. I really love the softness of your images stamped and watercolored. It does take a delicate touch doesn't it?? The colors are so very soft and I love the spider web.