Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Bashful Butterfly Serenity

This card was inspired by the color challenge (#213) today at SplitCoastStampers.  The colors are bashful blue, close to cocoa, and so saffron.

I got close to the colors of this particular butterfly—they are not in perfect placement because my mind got creative with them between looking at pictures of them online (upstairs) and my studio (downstairs).  THIS was the picture that inspired me.  But that is the beauty of stamping---they can be ANY colors that I want to use.

CC213-Serenity Butterfly

Materials:

    Stamps: Butterfly--P.3.8 Hypolimnas; Sentiment--Mini Positive Words;

    Paper: so saffron, chocolate chip, close to cocoa, bashful blue (SU!); pearly cream (?); watercolor paper;

    Ink: StazOn Jet Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Faded Jeans, Walnut Stain and frayed burlap; so saffron (SU!);

    Accessories: Cuttlebug Embossing folder, bookplate, ribbon, foam tape, brads, Perfect Pearls-pearl;

I love the variety of butterflies that Tracey has over at Starving Artistamps.   If you like butterflies at all…check them out:  Bugs and Bug Stuff.

Don’t forget to the new DoodleFactory releases at Starving Artistamps. the Sale at Rubbernecker Stamp Company, and Wacky Wednesday-tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Till tomorrow,

3 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Jules this is fantastic. Love the butterfly and awesome coloring.

Janet Swofford said...

What a beautiful card! I love the butterfly especially. So lovely and springy. Thanks for sharing. Give my love to the family and I hope you all have a blessed Easter!

dpkennedy said...

Gorgeous! Your coloring is fantastic!