Monday, October 05, 2009

More Nativity cards

The Nativity set is NOW available from Rubbernecker! Here!

This weekend I made a couple more cards with the Rubbernecker Nativity stamp set.
This first one is a double blog challenge:
#1--Get Sketchy #8--for the layout
#2--Color Throwdown #62--for the colors
Angels NOEL


  • Stamps:
  • Nativity Set by Stamp Oasis from Rubbernecker

  • Paper: Bazzill, SU, and Prism Cardstock; DP from 3 bugs in a Rug


  • Ink: StazOn Jet Black


  • Accessories: Prismacolor pencils, ribbon, foam tape, Spellbinder and Sizzix dies, Brads



  • This next one is from World Card Making Day. The Flourishes company sponsored a Sketch Challenge on SplitcoastStampers.
    Little Wise Guy
    • Stamps: Nativity Set by Stamp Oasis from Rubbernecker
    • Paper: DP from DCWV, Prism Cardstock
    • Ink: Stazon Jet Black
    • Accessories: grunge board minis, Stickles, Jewels, Liquid Pearls, Prismacolor Pencils, Spellbinders die
    Now, I would like to take a moment to talk to you about these stamps. They are a foam mounted set.
    Some of you have strong feelings about this kind of stamp, and I admit, I was skeptical about using these stamps before I had tried them. I have included some picture of what they look like so you would know what to expect.
    Nativity Set PicThe come in a plastic case—SO EASY to keep organized. They have stickers that YOU can place on the thick black foam. I trimmed the stickers a bit and I put the name of the stamp on the end of the case--much like I used to do with wood mounted that I’d buy from Stampin’ Up!®
    Here are some more pictures of the stamps:
    Cow stamp Front Cow Stamp Rubber
    Questions you may have:
    • Do the corners get inky and make a mess (i.e. on my the project I am stamping)? Not really. I had to be a little careful when inking the stamp—but the way the blocks are cut, the corners naturally curl away from your stamping surface.
    • Are they hard to use? Not at all. The foam was easy to hang on to—and by its very nature—it did not slip out of my fingers.
    • Do I have to leave them on the black foam? NO!! They rubber will peel fairly easily off of the black foam. You could then attach it to some EZ Mount foam OR use an adhesive remover to remove the adhesive. I have chosen to leave mine on the foam--especially since they fit so nicely in the case.
    • Are there any advantages to them being on foam? One unexpected advantage was the ease of which I was able to use a stamp positioner (Like Stamp-a-ma-jig).
    Please feel free to comment on this post with any other questions. I can edit the post to answer your questions.
    These are great images and the stamps are fun to use.
    Thanks for stopping by!!!

    13 comments:

    Broni said...

    Cool! Thanks for showing us the foam stamps, Jules! And your cards are beautiful!!!

    Kittie said...

    Jules, the cards are beautiful. Thanks for showing the stamps as I had the hardest time trying to figure out what they were like when you talked about them the other day.

    TexasGrammy said...

    I just love these cards, Juliana! Your coloring is divine! Thanks for a great discussion on the foam stamps too! I 'need' this set now!

    ~Bev

    Joan Ervin said...

    You are sooo Rockin the new stamps, Jules...your cards are sooo cute!!!!! Thanks for answering all the questions, too...your input is much appreciated!!!

    LeAnne said...

    Very cute cards! I love them both--such sweet images!

    Candy said...

    Thanks Jules for showing what they look like, I have some of those from a long time ago...lol!!

    Beautiful cards Jules!!

    Giselle said...

    I'm into Christmas cards 2.. Your cards are super cute...!!

    Debi said...

    Jules you really are rockin' these stamps!

    Tammy Hershberger said...

    Adorable cards, Jules! You are ROCKIN' that sweet stamp set, and thanks for showing them and explaining the advantages to having the foam mounted stamps!

    Dora said...

    Love your take on the sketch for GS! Gorgeous card!
    thnx for playing!

    Connie M. said...

    These are both so wonderful, Jules!! Your coloring on both are just so beautiful!

    Judy Rozema said...

    OH MY GOSH that camel is the sweetest!!!! I may have to get this set, although my coloring is not near as good as yours! WOW - I love that card!

    Stacy Morgan said...

    Both of these are darling. Love the camel and your coloring.