Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Just a couple of cards....

Here are just a couple of cards that have nothing to do with any challenges or need for a card. I will most likely use them as RAK's (Random Acts of Kindness).


This first one is using a stamp I have had for YEARS. I used to collect frogs (before I had to move so often--most have not been unpacked in the last two houses). He is a cute little guy from Rubber Stampede by Suzy Spafford (Suzy's Zoo).

Since he is not terribly big, I did not use my beloved AquaPainters on him. Instead, I used a watercolor brush--it kept the colors more vibrant and I had a little more control over where the color went. I started with the highlights (So Saffron) then colored in the rest of him with Old Olive, and finally the shadows with Garden green. The background is Really Rust and So Saffron.

I bought the patterned paper in thoughts that I would use it with the Polka-Dots and Paisley stamp set. As you perhaps can see I did use it on the backgrounds (the yellow is the backside of the flowered patterned paper).

I had a lot of fun making this card!

This second card is some of the same paper and a coordinating print. It is just so much fun. I am trying to use it all up right away (the patterned paper). Not because I want to get rid of it, but because hoarding it causes so many problems. I find when I hoard patterned paper (afraid to use it all up) it, first of all, becomes a storage problem. I am not good at keeping my patterned paper neat and organized. Secondly, patterned paper goes in and out of vogue--and my love for it often goes out when the trends go out (not always--but often).
So I hope you are not sick of these papers as I do my best to use them up/enjoy them.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

Cute cards...love your color choices on the second one!