Saturday, August 30, 2008

Java Minute?

Anyone who knows me at all, knows I love coffee, and I love stamping.  So it stands to reason that I love coffee themed stamps.  I also like puns. 

So these stamps are very ME!  They are by KK Originals at Rubbernecker Stamp Company.

WT181-Java Minute modified

I also like the retro feel of the cup and the scalloped paper. It reminded me of a 1930's era kitchen.  So I added the buttons and the bias tape (reminds me of one of my grandma's aprons).  I wish I remembered the name of the manufacturer of the scalloped paper (if you know--please share).

I stamped the cup and the sentiment with Fluid Chalk Ink by Clearsnap.  It works GREAT with colored pencils (and watercolors, too) and gives a nice matte finish to the image.  These are some of my favorite inks to use.  They stamp great on non-porous surfaces, cloth, as well as on paper--and, hey, they are on sale, too at Rubbernecker.

Materials Used:

Thanks for stopping by--I hope you are having a great holiday weekend!

7 comments:

Shelly said...

I love this card, so retro and so you!

Sherry Cheever said...

Quite retro and I LOVE it!

Shirley said...

Its a coffee lover's delight! The colors are so upbeat and those buttons are so cute with the BG paper!

Judy Rozema said...

Julesie, this is so darn cute!! I can just see you holding this mug and saying that!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Cute Jules, I love that the cup grabs you with the color. Awesome scallop edge and great button accents.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very cute, Jules! I love the colors, and the scallops and the great vintage accents, especially the gingham!

Broni said...

I love how you colored the mug and the out-of-the-circle steam! Love the scallops too!