Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Autumn Vellum

There was an important announcement on the Hambo Hoedown Blog, yesterday!  I am now a Bacon Bit.  In other words I am a part of the Hambo Design Team.

Speaking of Hambo... Please check out yesterday's post on Talk to the Ham (Hambo Stamps Blog).   You will find out some important information on how stampers are coming together to help fund research to combat breast cancer.

The current Hambo Hoedown Challenge is to use vellum on your project. Here is my card:


Details: 

  • Image: Sweet Gum Leaf by Hambo;
  • Papers: Vellum (from Staples: it went through the printer like a pro!), Lt. Yellow, White & Kraft cardstock; patterned paper from Pebbles Inc.
  • Accessories: Spellbinders dies; foam tape, Copic Markers; clear embossing powder, Perfect Pearls in pearl; corner rounder punch;
To get the pearly (doesn't show up as pretty on the pic as IRL) leaf outline, I sprinkled embossing powder on the vellum as soon as it came out of the printer.  After heating the embossing powder and letting it cool, I dusted it with Perfect Pearls Pigment Powder (pearl).  I reheated it from the bottom (wrong side of the vellum).  Once cool I removed the excess powder with a used drier sheet.  

The leaves were colored with Copic Markers on the wrong side of the vellum.


If you have played along with the Hambo Hoedown Challenge, you might want to check out the changes: HERE.
I sure hope you can play along with the Bacon Bits!

1 comment:

Jane Elizabeth France said...

beautiful Juliana, the vellum makes your leaves look really delicate:)