Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Watercolors and Sympathy

I have a sympathy card for you today.  As usual with sympathy cards, I never make just one... I make a few.

The flowers were inked with distress inks. I use damped cotton swabs ($ store ones are best -- less cotton) with some ink from re-inker bottles.

When the stamp was fully inked it was misted with water and stamped onto white cardstock. (Regular office supply variety).

I masked the flowers with office paper (copy weight) and then stamped the background over it. The background stamp was inked in the same manner... Inked with Shabby Shutters and the edges with Peeled Paint.

The die was then lined up with masked area and run through my machine to emboss but not cut.



Supplies:

  • Stamps:  Rubbernecker Stamps: Red Tulips - 744; Days ahead - 742-03; sympathy - 742-01; Antique lace - 767;
  • Inks: StazOn Jet Black; Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Ripe Persimmon, Faded Lipstick, and Spun Sugar;
  • Accessories: Spellbinders Dies; foam tape; May Arts Ribbon; 
Thank you for stopping by, today.  I hope you don't need a sympathy card, but my advice is to make them before they are needed.


2 comments:

Hambo Hoedown said...

Super pretty!!

Judy

dpkennedy said...

This is beautiful! What a great technique! It's so soft and serene, just perfect for a solemn occasion.