Friday, October 18, 2013

Pumpkin Patch Wonder

Since I grew up with "Its the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown", pumpkin patches have a certain mystique to me.  Potential magic?  Perhaps.  Combine this with a misty autumn dusk and a little imagination and the pumpkin patch seems to sparkle. (though here in Michigan, that could be the frost)

I think this little child, "Little Pumpkin Witch" from A Day For Daisies, expects something magical to happen.
To make the wispy clouds, I first colored the background, then took a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol and dabbed it where I wanted the clouds.  If a cloud got out of hand, I would just let it dry, then color over it, then dab the cotton swab again over the area.

Card Details:

  • Stamp: "Little Pumpkin Witch" from A Day For Daisies;
  • Coloring Medium: Copic markers;
  • Accessories: Tim Holtz Dies: Brackets, Typeset and Autumn Gatherings; Foam tape; Stickles; Glossy Medium;

You will want to check out the "A Day For Daisies" Blog.  Today will begin the challenge to make a Halloween project.

More incredible inspiration is available on the blogs of my fellow ADFD Design Team Members:
    Arielle
Broni
Danielle
Juliana
Mila
Sherry


Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog!

2 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Adding you to my list with Broni and Danielle of people who are going to cause me to spend too much money at ADFD this weekend! This is darling, Jules!

dpkennedy said...

This is just stunning! I love the deep rich purples and the border of leaves! Not to mention, she is just colored so beautifully! Love it!!