Tuesday, June 12, 2007

New Rubber Love

Through an incentive program at Stampin' Up! I earned a free stamp set the first quarter of this year. I chose "Pick A Petal" from the new Fall/Winter Preview brochure. I hate to admit it--but I was not in LOVE with the set as I saw it in the brochure--but I do not have ANYthing like it (plus MOST of my flower sets retired--so I cannot demo or teach with them). So, I took a chance.



And am I glad I did!!


It is much easier to use than I had anticipated. Mounting the points at the edge of the block was a great help (a tip from another demonstrator). Stamping on Stampin' Up!'s Whisper White was a big help for the bold images (I have found that other cardstocks cause the ink to pool and look splotchy).


I really like how it turned out! The small flowers were stamped off for the flower shape and the center was "full strength." I added the verses from I Corinthians 13 to continue the whimsy theme and define the edges a bit more.


Materials (all products from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted)
  • Stamps: Pick a Petal
  • Paper: Whisper White, Cool Caribbean, Pretty in Pink
  • Ink: Apricot Appeal, Cool Caribbean, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose
  • Accessories: Pink Silk Flower (dissected by my daughter), Turquoise flowers (Prima Marketing, Love Button (Doodlebug Design), 3/4" circle punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, fine black pen

I hope you like it, too.

Thanks for stopping by my little blog.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

*gasp* cute-ta-boot!! :) Love it.